Friday, April 14, 2017

Week 10: Conclusion

After 10 weeks of the Senior Project, we have finally come to the end! It's been an interesting last week, as I did not meet with my professor and instead worked on how I am going to condense everything I learned into the presentation. As many of you may know by now, I don't believe there is one set answer for all as to what you should know for your own life. There are many factors to take into account, such as family values, personal beliefs, different perceptions of costs and benefits, the list goes on. Although there are so many things involved with this question, I can't wait to share it all with you during my presentation in May.

Throughout the past 10 weeks, I've learned a lot when it comes to approaching philosophical topics. For one, many of the discussions that my professor and I had were oriented towards logic. Instead of thinking in only the realm of hypotheticals, we used a lot of logic to deduce what is best or worse for the individual, something that was unexpected when I first started the Senior Research project. Another thing I didn't quite understand well, but will continue to work on in the future, is my ability to comprehend complex texts. This was probably the most difficult part of the Senior Research Project, as I constantly had to re-read the same chapters in order to understand the claim that the author was putting out there. If you ever plan to take part in the Senior Research Project yourself, make sure you can understand your sources, and that your sources are relevant to your research question, as this was my biggest mistake.

I am going to end this week's post sooner, as there isn't much material to discuss, but I wish to say thank you to anyone and everyone who paid attention to my posts through the course of the project. I'd like to thank my On-Site Mentor, Mr. Nair, for being so willing to help me along this journey, and Mr. Lambert, my Faculty Advisor, for helping me so many times throughout this project. Thank you, and I'll see you guys during the final presentations!



8 comments:

  1. Hey Liam! It was fun to read your posts. They were very interesting. Do you think it would be ironic if knowing how to present information would be a necessary piece of knowledge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comprehending complex texts is a skill that I'm sure a lot of people need to develop. Thanks for all the interesting posts! It was very enlightening to learn the names of some of the concepts and the explanation of others. Good luck on your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Liam! your posts were very interesting. I learned a lot about knowledge from reading these posts. Hope your presentation goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Liam! It's been a good run. I hope you nail your presentation. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liam! I thought your project was very thought-provoking; I enjoyed it a lot. That's interesting that you used more logic than you thought you would. Thanks for warning us about the sources, I'll make sure to keep that in mind when I do my senior project. Good luck on your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Liam, it's been great reading about your projects for the past 10 weeks, I'm looking forward to the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been quite the journey for the past 10 weeks, huh? I hope you enjoyed and learned something about your research project much like I did! Just the presentation left!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liam! I really enjoyed reading your posts the past ten weeks since your topic is so interesting. Can't wait to see your presentation!

    ReplyDelete